Saturday, May 29, 2010

nevermind.

Yesterday I realized I talk about the same things over and over and over again:
  • my guts
  • food (and what it does to my guts), and
  • running (as it relates to food and my guts)
Kind of embarrassing, really. It sort of makes me want to not talk anymore; and I don't talk that much to begin with. Now, I don't know what to talk about here. Because right now I'm thinking about:
  • my guts (and how they don't feel all that great)
  • food (because I've been eating all the things I shouldn't, which is why my guts don't feel that great), and
  • running (specifically about the 10 miles I'm about to run and how that will go considering my guts and the food I've been eating).
I've been thinking about unplugging for a while -- closing up facebook, the blog, etc. I think I might pick a month -- maybe June (It's best to do things right away as I think of them, before I think myself out of them or just forget.) -- and dedicating that month of spare time to creativity and books. I'm happiest when I'm being creative, in whatever capacity, and yet that's not what I choose to do with my free time. That doesn't really make any sense -- to know how great something is and how much you love doing it and how terrific it makes you feel, and then choose over and over again to not do it, even though it wouldn't take any more time or energy than the lame stuff you choose to do instead.

I've decided humans exist in shifty planes--mind body soul crisscrossing out of alignment--and that makes us defy logic repeatedly and habitually.

But I talk about that too much, too. So nevermind.

1 comment:

  1. I love a good unplugging... wait, that sounds dirty or gross or something. But seriously, I do the same thing. Technology break. It's good for creativity generating and mind stilling. I'm about to leave town for a week without computer/phone/child/reality and I couldn't be happier. I'm taking empty notebooks and pens. Pens! Like an old lady who actually still writes on paper. Gasp.

    But I don't think you write about the same things over and over again, though. Silly. I always love to read your stuff, and look forward to your triumphant return! :)

    ReplyDelete