Friday, May 14, 2010

jackhole

A few things:

1. I bought strings for my acoustic guitar and pics for Chrispy's electric today and the guitar man at The Un-Named Store was a really condescending jackhole to me. Just because I don't know the lingo doesn't mean I can't play. I forgive you, Jackhole. But I still don't like you and your stupid haircut.

2. Have I mentioned how much I love dogs? I love them. I do. I want to be a dog. Which I think is why I had a dream about a giant great dane last night (with her legs tied together), which I started to write about this morning, but then thought, "Eh, too much for the blog," so I wrote it in my journal, instead. So I will say, instead, that last night I had --what I thought to be-- a very clarifying dream only to wake up and then overthink it until it didn't make sense anymore.

2b. But that's not what i meant to write about here. I meant to write about the black pit mix (I'm guessing) who rode in the back seat of the car with his head out the window FACING BACKWARDS so he could see the golden poodle-ish dog with her head out the window behind him. They made me laugh for a long time. Dogs make the world better.

(So do cats. I am currently typing over my very favorite one who is purring in my lap.)

3. Chrispy McNichol had a gig tonight --Urbandale Friday Fest. My family came, including 3 of my nieces. I want to be someone who isn't all goofy about dancing if I feel like dancing. That is to say, I want to dance when I feel like dancing. And I want my nieces to dance when they feel like dancing. At approximately 7:30 p.m. this evening, I had to walk the talk and dance with my nieces in front of a lot of strangers, even though not a single other person was dancing. I like the way kids help you become the person you always wanted to be in the first place.

4. Making new friends at the age of almost-36 feels a lot like dating. I met a really cool woman tonight, thought, "Hey, we should hang out and be friends," but felt too shy to say it. Then she left, and I didn't even get a number. I don't know if saying this makes me creepy, but I suspect it does.

5. Beer makes me want to eat a lot of bad, colon-unfriendly foods.

The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment