Sunday, May 30, 2010

acoustic june.

It's official: I am unplugging for the month of June.

I don't know how this is going to sound coming out, but: I have a lot of stuff in me. Ideas. Plans. Stories. Words. Music. Art. Creations in General. And it overwhelms me. I don't know where to start. I don't know what would happen if I completely unzipped and let it all out. (Does everyone feel this way? Chris said he would if he didn't play his guitar.) My long-standing habit/approach when dealing with overwhelmption is to avoid. The time I spend doing--truly--the dumbest things (like playing Tiki Resort and Cube Crash on Facebook) is classic avoidance. Classic! And they are 100% habit behaviors.

So I'm going to stop doing them and see what happens.

I'll be logging out of Facebook for 1 month. I'll be logging out of here for 1 month. I'll be logging out of my free write site for 1 month. And if I want to write any blog entries or free writes, I'll just have to do them offline. Maybe I'll even take to handwriting like Tawni and her old-fashioned lady pens.

Other things I look forward to doing with all my new spare time:

meditating
writing music
painting
working through the Gotham Writer's Workshop book
journaling (by hand and without an audience)
practicing guitar
practicing piano
learning to like yoga (I don't like yoga. I feel bad about this.)
working on my giant landscaping project
reading
cooking new and interesting things
sewing

This is exciting. I'm excited! I probably won't write tomorrow, so see you in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment