Tuesday, August 17, 2010

air swimming

I once had a dream that I was a special investigator who could sense the presence of the devil. I found a dead chicken in a shower and knew it was the devil. And then, I knew that I was both the chicken and the devil. I refer to this as The Chicken Devil Dream.

I had another dream that a tall skinny man sat in a dark corner of an empty room holding an old traveling doctor's bag, and Magic Johnson was walking around with his head cut off asking for wooden nickels.

I used to swim through air in my dreams. I once air-swam laps around a giant plantation house.

I am frequently chased. I am frequently running through the dark and jumping over picnic tables and making out with Keanu Reeves under stadium bleachers. A few weeks ago, a giant green dinosaur stomped through the neighborhood and split my house in half.

These are my dreams.

The following are Chris's dreams:

Last night, Chris dreamed that he ordered a new screen door for the back porch and called to have a tree trimmer come out to groom the walnut in the backyard. The end.

One of us has an easier time with the idiosyncrasies of the world than the other.

2 comments:

  1. I had a dream 20 years ago that I was trapped in a big plastic bag suffocating and on the outside of the bag giant eagles were pecking at me... I woke up screaming. I vowed never to dream or remember them ever again and for the most part I've kept that promise. Dreams are the tea leaves of the unconcious tea cup, maybe they mean something but most likely they're just tea leaves and mean nothing and should be composted and forgotten.

    Apologies for spelling etc, writing aint my thang and the anonymous status is because I don't know what an URL is but it sounds painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, anonymous, i think you're missing out on the very rich, exciting and interesting world of your subconscious, and i hope that you break your promise soon.

    ReplyDelete