Friday, April 23, 2010

tangerine queen



I'm sitting in my new purple room.

I don't remember the technical name for this particular hue: Queen's Robe, Majesty's Pearl, Fantasy Punch Bowl, Bedouin Bejeweled. It doesn't matter. It's a rich, bright, and vibrant purple.

This shade reminds me of my hair, kinda sorta. I don't have purple hair. But I did once. Closer to maroon, maybe. It used to be that I saw no sense in going to the salon to get a trim. I had to do something new and different every 6 weeks. New cut, new color, New bangs, new whatever. I think I was cataloging identities by hair length.

I think I'm still cataloging, but no longer by my hair.

I don't see the point of white walls. Don't really see the point in ecru or eggshell or beige, either. Feels like a waste. So many colors in buckets, unused. My husband is tolerant. He has quietly brushed on 2 different shades of red, navy, turquoise, 3 shades of green, chocolate. He likes the white. I don't get it. It seems that if you are going to paint everything white, you might also choose to sit in a basement when the sun is out.

I'll try an orange or a yellow next. Luscious Lemon. Tangerine Queen.


No comments:

Post a Comment