Monday, December 6, 2010

a pair of items

items:

1. Mr. Ebu Pants got into a fight last night and came home with swollen puncture wounds in his neck and poop on his drawers.


He's all better now. He's stretched out atop the length of my legs, and I feel his pudgy kitty belly rising and falling against my shins. A trip to the vet, some antibiotics, and he'll be right as rain. His neck is still swollen. But I think, if I may speak for Mr. Ebu, it would be shatting oneself while fighting that is the biggest injury.

Incidentally, I don't really appreciate it when I get bombarded with "cats should stay indoors" messages. Cats should stay indoors? Really? Why? Because they are descendants of… tupperware and sofas, and so it is their nature to lay around, clawless, on rugs? Maybe some cats are content to live that way, and maybe there are neighborhoods where a cat really can't (or shouldn't) go out… but Ebu isn't one of them, and this neighborhood is fine. He goes absolutely batpoop crazy locked inside. Batpoop. If I kept him inside, maybe he would live longer, but he certainly wouldn't be happier. There is something to be said for joy in the place of longevity. I have never seen a cat more joyful than one laying in the grass eating bugs. 

While I'm at it, I don't like this declawing business. I do not like it at all. Please stop doing that.

We have a 2nd cat, Smokey, who is Chris's cat. Smokey is declawed. Smokey does not go outside. Smokey is neurotic, annoying, and psychically twitchy. And if you think I am being too harsh, I invite you to come live with us for a week.

2. My insurance company has refused to pay the last 2 months of orthopedic related medical visits. Why? Because for some reason, they thought it was a work-related injury. They thought the torn tendon in my ankle and my fudged up knees was a result of my job analyzing data and monitoring contracts. What? No, I wasn't sitting at my desk too vigorously. I RAN A F***ING MARATHON! 

Seriously? Why in the world would they think this was work-related? That makes no sense.

I was a lot nicer than this when I called the insurance company, by the way.

3. I lost a filling while eating an Andes mint many months ago. I ignored it. Now, it is starting to hurt.

4. I had an excellent massage today.

The end.


2 comments:

  1. Well, this is fantastic. Nice, P. And for the record, I do not declaw my dogs. If I had a cat, this post would definitely make me think.

    I also think the insurance company makes decisions to see who will fight absurd decisions. I'm banking on most people don't because the insurance companies are bullies. My take.... and I really do normally believe in the man, just not the insurance man. Ok, wait, I have a great car insurance man so I exclude him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanya, i'm so glad you do not declaw lloyd and lucy. i don't think they would like it.

    stinking insurance!

    ReplyDelete